Steps to jailbreak your iOS 7.1.2:
Jailbreak is not a difficult task but it sure does require many precautions. Apple released the iOS 7.1.2 and many jailbreakers were looking forward to jailbreak iOS 7.1.2. But worry no more as a Chinese company named Pangu released its jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 for iPhone 5S, iPhone 5 etc. and surprised the whole world. Now you can safely update your iPhone with iOS 7.1.2 and jailbreak it out of the box.
What exactly is Jailbreak?
Jailbreak is referred to a term of freeing your iPhone from the limitations imposed by Apple and this jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 by Pangu will release all the limitations on your iPhone imposed by apple. There are some precautions that are needed to be taken before proceeding with the task. Firstly download the Pangu app by searching on google and then begin on your jailbreak iOS 7.1.2.
Steps to Jailbreak:
Back Up Your Device:
Firstly take a backup of your data so if by any case you lose your data or it might get corrupted, you would not lose any if you have its backup. For jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 taking a backup is recommended so you would not lose any data. You can back up your Device using iTunes or iCloud. Backup all your pictures and everything that are important to you and you don’t want to lose, in your PC or any other storing device and then proceed with jailbreak.
Upgrade to iOS 7.1.2:
Make sure your iPhone is using iOS 7.1.2 as it won’t work on any other iOS version except for the iOS 7.1.2.
Let’s Start the jailbreak on iOS 7.1.2
Note: This may void your warranty.
- Disable the passcode on your iPhone as it may lead to the failure of jailbreak, Settings > General> Passcode.
- Make sure your iPhone has enough space or else clear some unwanted apps to make room for the jailbreak.
- Open the Pangu exe file you downloaded as an administrator.
- MAC users just run the Pangu dmg file and ignore all warnings that come.
- Pangu app will then open and it will detect your device.
- Press the jailbreak button on the app.
- After this follow the instructions of the app and after some time, the app will ask you to change the date of your iOS device. Settings>General > Date And Time.
- When you’ve changed the date, it will restart and then install the Pangu app on your Phone.
- Tap on the Pangu app on your home screen, a warning message will popup saying “Are you sure to perform the jailbreak?” Tap on Continue.
- Make sure you do not touch your mobile, restart your PC or in anyhow have your iPhone be disconnected from the PC. If it does so, you will be responsible if anything wrong happens with the phone.
- Your iPhone will reboot several times during the process, so you need not worry about this and this process takes approximately 10 minutes to complete so be patient, go make yourself some coffee and relax.
- Pangu will tell you when the jailbreak is completed and will install the Pangu and Cydia app on your iPhone once the jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 is successful. These apps will be visible on your home screen.
- If all these steps were performed correctly, then Congratulations, You have successfully jailbreak iOS 7.1.2.
image via osxdaily.com